Newport Ocean Observing Conference
Monday April 29 through Wednesday May 1, 2013
Hallmark Resort, 744 SW Elizabeth St, Newport, Oregon map
Hosted by Yaquina Bay Ocean Observing Initiative (www.ybooi.org)
Monday April 29, 6:30 – 8:00 pm Welcome reception in Newport
Tuesday April 30, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Sessions at Hallmark Resort on:
- Ocean Observing – NOAA Marine Operations Center-Pacific, NSF Ocean Observatories Initiative, Marine Renewable Energy
- Port and Regional Infrastructure – dock and facility capabilities, maintenance services
- Ocean Technology – the latest in ocean technology provided by local and regional firms
- Collaborative Research – federal, state, and local industry working together for solutions
- Keynote Address by Dr. Rick Spinrad, Vice President of Research, Oregon State University
Tuesday evening April 30, 6:30 – 8:00 reception
Wednesday May 1, 8:30 to 5:00, Tours: NOAA Marine Operations Center and Hatfield Marine Science Center in Newport, Ports of Newport and Toledo, Hinsdale Wave Lab and NSF Ocean Observatories Initiative facility in Corvallis.
The objective of the conference is to provide a forum for organizations and businesses to explore mutually beneficial business development opportunities in the marine sciences on the Oregon Coast.
- Learn about the current state of marine research on the Oregon Coast, including the institutions and their projects.
- Become acquainted with local leaders in marine research and operations.
- Familiarize yourself with the capabilities for ocean research in the Yaquina Bay region.
- Learn about successful collaborative efforts between scientists, educators, fishermen, and support industry.
- Find out about regional businesses implementing technology in ocean sciences.
Conference Registration: $125 by Apr 19, $150 after Apr 19
Hotel Reservation: reserve separately. If you book at Hallmark, be sure to mention the conference to obtain a special rate. For your convenience, here are links to local hotels and B&Bs, provided by the Newport Chamber of Commerce.
Newport has been a playground for visitors since the late 1800′s. Nestled between the Coastal Mountains, Pacific Ocean and Yaquina Bay, the natural beauty of the area draws those seeking a unique and exciting coastal experience.
Whether you bring the whole family, or just escape by yourselves, you are sure to have a great time in Newport. For more information on how to make your visit to Newport memorable, visit the Greater Newport Chamber of Commerce.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org